Sunday, August 10, 2008

shimmy shimmy ko-ko-bop shimmy shimmy bop

Know what this is?

It is an accessory to only the world's most intense cardio workout. A belly dance scarf.
"Big gym" offers belly dance cardio classes. One of my workout cohorts and I decided it might be fun to try our hand...er.. make that our abdomen at a class on Saturday.
If you took ALL the workouts I have done for the past month - both cardio and strength training - and rolled them all together in a big ol' bundle and held it up against this hour-long belly dance class, they couldn't hold a candle to it.
I am telling you, there is not one muscle I did not use. This is no exaggeration, my hair was soaking wet! I was able to walk to the car to leave the gym afterward, but by the time I got home I crawled to the front door.
One lady said at the beginning of class that it was addictive. Yeah. Right. Masochist!
But you know what? Within an hour of being home from it, as tired and sore and worn out as I was, I was also so excited to get such an incredible workout that I got in my car and went and bought a noisy belly dance coin scarf, one nearly identical to the one in the picture. I can't wait to go back!
And, King? Well, let's just say that he thinks it is a really good idea.

ps- next up: Funkaerobics! Call 911 and tell them to bring the paddles and a stretcher!!

5 comments:

Maria (also Bia) said...

A workout that's fun AND you get to wear a cute outfit? You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Darn it . I could have sent you my coin scarf. It is just like that one only blue.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, they have that one tied on the side. I always tied mine in the front. Where did you get yours at? E-bay was where I got mine.

:o) mg said...

got mine locally, but probably paid too much - $18.
And, hey, if you still want me to have your blue one, I can have two. tee hee hee

Anonymous said...

$18 was about what I paid for mine on ebay. My dgd and I went to a class together. She was the youngest and I was close to the oldest. Don't know how much exercise we got but it was fun. Now I have no way to get there. And I was disappointed dgd did not continue. She was soooooo good at it.