Sunday, August 31, 2008

distracted

I felt sorry for the people who sat around us during Mass today. Poor unsuspecting creatures. Our two little ones, hyped up on sugar from the birthday celebration weekend I suppose, were wild. Setbacks, really. Number 4 has been so good lately. Usually the only time he has to be taken out is if he needs to go to the bathroom. But today, he was loud and did not listen to any of my forty thousand requests to please be quiet.
Though I was distracted I realized that God sent me this wonderfully-created soul in the form of a three year old. God's creations are good. Which means, therefore, that my distracted mind must be a good thing. I was left trying to see the good in being distracted.
What could be good about that I asked the Lord?
The answer: As a result of not being able to completely sit through Mass, I have an overwhelming desire to be closer to the Lord and to hear His word. To be with Him in the Eucharist. To thank Him for the awesome sacrifice.

Simple. Good.

No comments: