Monday, April 21, 2008

because modesty is always in style

Our oldest daughter (number 1 for those of you who can keep up with this crowd) will be attending a formal dance very soon (eek!!!). I did not even try to go out to the stores to see if there was anything appropriate for a nearly 13 year old to wear to such an event. I am convinced that such an animal does not exist.



So, off to the fabric stores we went. Lost in a sea of satin and silk we held each of the colors up to her face to see which one brought the attention to her beautiful blue eyes. Then we found this most incredible pattern from Vogue's Vintage Collection. Nothing makes my heart sing louder than something uniquely beautiful. And this is. Now, why am I busy at the computer when I need to be whirring on the machine?!?!?!












2 comments:

Maria (also Bia) said...

How absolutely gorgeous! And I'm really, really impressed that you are going to sew this.

All I have to buy my son for this very same dance is boring white pants, a boring navy jacket, and boring dark shoes. Sigh.

BUT, his pants will be nicely ironed, his jacket will have all the buttons attached, his tie will be stain free, and his shoes will be polished.

Should be a fun night. How do they grow so fast?

Anonymous said...

wow!! gorgeous! she will be stunning!!! please don't forget to take lots & lots of pictures of her on the night in question.