Monday, March 24, 2008

forty days vol. 2

Lent always helps me become acutely aware of how much in need of redemption I am. Temptation is everywhere. Distractions galore! All of these fighting to get in the way of my growing my faith. My head spins from it all.

From the time she was about 4 years old, my third child has given up some of the most difficult things a child could sacrifice for Lent. She is faithful and true, steady and strong the entire time. Never has she failed to be a wonderful example of a firm resolve. Sure she has been tempted. I've seen it. I've even given her permission to fudge a little. (Get thee behind me, Momma) But she stays strong until the end. Her birthday is on All Saints Day... wonder if she is predisposed to being a saint? She's got a good start, I'll just tell ya.
******
Eau de toilette.... sometimes on really busy days, Lysol disinfectant spray is the only "parfum" I get.

No comments: