Sunday, November 11, 2007

whirlwinds of activity

I have just blown back home and am about to be swept away on another whirlwind of activity. Since the week of Halloween, so much has happened. Number 4 "ran away from home" ... toddled off following a neighbor's cat and ended up on the front porch of a house two doors down. It is a whole post in itself, and perhaps one day I will want to revisit it... but not today.
He also decided to finish off a bottle of homeopathic teething tablets... his first attempt at overdosing. God, help me keep this boy safe! (But send a protective army of angels just in case I need to turn my back!)
Number 3 turned 8 on All Saints Day. What a wonderful day to have a birthday. My mom came down, as she always does on each of their birthdays, and took her shopping. I am thankful that I have once again squeaked by without having to build a stall for a pony which the overindulgent grandmother has threatened to purchase many times.
We squeezed in hours of dance lessons, trips out of town for Irish dance competitions, a science project, a couple of football games, fiddle lessons and a workshop into the few short days of the beginning of November. The sad news is that our calendars are full from now until December 3rd. At that time, I think I will close the blinds, lock the doors, and not let the children leave the house for at least 48 hours. There will be no getting dressed, no eating fast food, no chores. Nothing but climbing up into Mommy and Daddy's bed, reading stories, telling funny stories, laughing, and taking naps. We will make hot chocolate and watch movies. No one is allowed to say: school, homework, dance, ball practice, fiddle, or "costs too much".
Dreamy.
*sigh*
Yeah. Then I'll awaken to the ice-cold wet rag of reality smacking me right in the tushie, right?

1 comment:

Maria (also Bia) said...

Welcome back! I've missed reading your posts. I'm glad all is well(though hectic) but it sounds as if you have a goal to make it to that Dec. 3rd weekend. Hang in there! Talk to you soon.