Monday, May 7, 2012

politics = gospel?

Y'know, when I was a child, I remember no one ever talked about who they were voting for.  No one discussed their political views outside the four walls of home. 
Nowadays, people spout their political views as if they were Disciples spreading the Good News.  Saving lost souls.  A New Religion.

Alas, I grow weary.... and I don't think I am alone. 

Frankly, I think political divisiveness is just another way The Enemy can distract us from what we were created to do - know Him, love Him, serve Him, and praise Him in this world so that we may live happily with Him in the next.

2 comments:

MJDMom said...

It is hard in this day and age because it seems like things are so polarized! Especially with marriage amendments and abortion and such. I admit I get upset when fellow catholics advocate on facebook for causes contrary to our faith...but I don't know whether or how to respond. As an aside, my own mother would never tell us who she voted for (even though we knew!)!

Anita said...

Yes, I agree. People worship politics too often. Government is here to help us, but they cannot answer the biq questions in life nor are they a substitute for God or our duty to others. Especially tired of celebrities telling us how to vote. My two cents.