I hope I won't be guilty of sacrilege in saying this, but if you were to ask me, this is a picture of someone who should at least be beatified. Though, I sometimes refer to him as
St. George Washington Carver.
I just wonder how many people besides me thank God for him every single day of their lives? If you do not know about this man, you should.
Not only was he a genius in the realm of agriculture, and a devoted educator, he was also a Christian who was concerned about the moral character of his students. He is credited with writing these 8 virtues:
- Be clean both inside and out.
- Neither look up to the rich nor down on the poor.
- Lose, if need be, without squealing.
- Win without bragging.
- Always be considerate of women, children, and older people.
- Be too brave to lie.
- Be too generous to cheat.
- Take your share of the world and let others take theirs
"When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
You know how sometimes you get asked the question, "If you could meet anyone from the past, present, or future, who would it be?" George Washington Carver is in my top ten.
Oh, yeah he also invented peanut butter.