Saturday, September 24, 2011

blech

Recently I went to my local library to pick up an "on hold" book up for #2.  I happened to pass by the recent release shelf.  Two books jumped out at me and begged for me to bring them home to read.

Bossypants by Tina Fey and Jeannie Out of the Bottle by Barbara Eden.

Bossypants had a great first chapter where I laughed until I nearly wet myself.  The rest of the book was lame.  In case she follows my blog, my message to Tina is this, "Yes, you should have another baby.  You will never regret having a child, but you will certainly regret not having a child."

Jeannie Out of the Bottle meh... I can't really tell you how the entire book was because I decided to return it to the library after reading the first couple of chapters.  Despite the great reviews it has gotten, I grew weary from the fact that she kept stressing that Larry Hagman was a jealous, womanizing drunk.  Yawn. 
My message to Barbara: "IDOJ was one of my favorite tv shows as a child. Let me live in that jeweled bottle where I've always wanted to live anyway. Let me remember it with its magical, pink, cerebral and physical humor. I don't want to know the ugly "real life" details, but thanks anyway." 

Hrm... wonder how the book that #2 got is?

1 comment:

Anita said...

Agree about IDOJ! Keep the magic and don't be petty about the past.