Tuesday, October 20, 2009

to fair or not to fair, that was the question

Number 4 had a field trip with his preschool class: The County Fair.
His teacher had plenty of parent volunteers to drive, but invited all parents in case there were any who wanted to go with us. I had not signed up to drive and I found myself without any other plans for this morning. I'd been a tad worried that it would be crowded with other school groups and that he'd get away from his class, so I contemplated going along. I had sooo much I needed to do here at the house, I needed to exercise, and I also had lunch plans with a friend but still, something nagged at me to go. Hamlet's "To be or not to be" soliloquy kept going through my head.

To "fair" or not to "fair", that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous preschoolers (not to mention the toothless "Carneys"), or take arms against a sea of laundry....

Needless to say, I chose "to fair".... not only was it a great opportunity to get to spend time with my sweet four year old and snap some really cool pictures but I'd also be able to have lunch with my friend. Definitely one of those win, win, win situations.

1 comment:

Anita said...

To fair was the perfect choice. Good for you!