Tuesday, December 14, 2010

traditions that stick

At the age of 43, I have had lots of Christmas traditions that have come in and out of my life, but as a busy mom of five children, all who have their own crazy schedules, it is hard to make a tradition "stick" each year.

Two favorites that we ALWAYS make time for:
Christmas Morning Mass - we stop right in the middle of all the chaos and head to Mass to reflect upon the Christ Child, God's magnificent plan of salvation.

Christmas Mice - cherries with stems on, dipped in melted chocolate, Hershey's kiss pressed against the still liquid chocolate for the mouse's head, and quickly stick sliced almonds between the cherry and the kiss for his ears.

2 comments:

Perryn said...

I LOVE THIS!!!

Now I have to go see if I can source Hershey Kisses on the Isle of Man....!!!!

Anita said...

Mass and Mice. Nice combo. :-)