Tuesday, February 5, 2008

already rejoicing

I have about 45 minutes before I enter an internet free zone. Fourty days without internet. So, since it is Mardi Gras I decided to surf the web in one big, major blowout.
In addition to my "faves", I checked places that I haven't been in awhile. One of them was the website of Allen Hunt. He is married to my cousin. He is the former Senior Pastor at a gi-normous church in Atlanta. He also has a radio show on WSB, a hu-gongoid radio station in Atlanta.
I was looking over the posts he made on his blog over the last month or two and low and behold I found this. Though I really don't have time to elaborate, suffice it to say that I was prompted by the Holy Spirit to pray for this - nine years ago! I remember the moment like it was yesterday. I will never forget the goosebumps I had then. Or now.
Allen is one of the most level-headed people I know. With his radio program, he will be able to dispell so many of the lies and mistruths that people have been told about the Church. Some folks don't even think it is a Christian Church! Amazing.
In any case, when I read this, my internet surfing stopped and I had to rejoice! I am so thrilled for Allen and for all those people whose lives he will touch in such a beautiful way. What a brave, brave man to leave such a comfy, cozy place as he was - to follow Truth.
My words keep falling short of the joy I have.
Well, ennyhoo, whether or not you observe these next 40 days of Lent as a time to grow in holiness, I wish you Christ's love and peace now and always.
And Welcome Home, Allen!

No comments: