Friday, January 10, 2014

deep thoughts with no. 5

Pulled into the parking spot facing some dude's tricked out car with the front license plate "BAD."  No. 5 was hesitant to get out of the car and asked, "Is that a bad guy's car?"

*sigh* If they only came with warning labels.

***************************

No. 5 and I had an unexpected moment alone together.  She said, as if she had been holding it in for years, "I'm glad we're alone, because I want to tell you that I'm having a Bad Life."

I choked back giggles at the thought of such morbidity coming from a six year old.  We talked for awhile and I listened to her rationale.  Apparently she is getting frustrated that everything is taking SO long.  And she hates setbacks. I told her I completely understood, but that I would like her to think of it as a great life with some bad parts sprinkled in.  She agreed.

Basically what it boils down to is that she's ready to be grown, y'all.

1 comment:

Anita said...

So grown. They all grow up too fast!No wonder you cry as Mass.