Tuesday, March 20, 2012

a bit o'bling

One of my New Year's resolutions was to learn to make jewelry.

Now, I still haven't learned, but just like when I made my first quilt and I had a case of beginner's luck, so it goes with the jewelry. 

A sweet, generous friend cleaned out her jewelry box and gave me all of her religious medals.  I am so inspired by the beautiful creations at Catholic Bling. 

So, yeah, I grabbed some stretchy cord from Hobby Lobby and I made a few things.  It's not true necklace-making, I am doing, I suppose (though the girls have been wearing them to school).  But until I can get a block of time to take an actual jewelry-making class... y'know, stuff that requires needle-nosed pliers and jump rings.... then I am ok with stretchy necklaces.  It's certainly cheaper!


1 comment:

Anita said...

More than beginner's luck, YOU have talent!!!